Thursday, July 11, 2013

Have a "Fan F***ing Tastic" Abortion

Life Site News has a heartwarming little piece, "Slate writer: We need happy, ‘blithe and unapologetic’ abortion stories."

Here's the Slate article:  "Enough With the Grueling, Wrenching, “I Had an Abortion” Essays". The author, Jessica Grose, asserts that the way to energize, and gain momentum for, the abortion-rights movement is to trot out "blithe" abortion stories:
The pro-choice side remains in a defensive crouch. We trot out the saddest stories: a woman who really wanted a baby but terminated because the baby was not going to be able to live outside the womb or a woman who can’t afford another child without tumbling into poverty. But a lot of women have abortions and don’t look back. A lot of women don’t want a baby, and they don’t care whether the fetus is viable or how much money is in their bank account. Where are their essays?
Ms. Grose, those essays don't get mainstream play because they'd make most people angry and very unsympathetic. "I want the baby dead because fuck this baby." isn't going to win friends.

She quoted with great admiration  an anonymous piece called “What to Expect When You’re Aborting.”:
By monday my hormones were a little wonky but in all i just felt like this parasitic creature that burrowed its way into me and fed of my energy, apetite, [sic] and joy was removed. And I had been restored.
Yeah, nothing says "joy restored" quite like an abortion.

Follow the "What to Expect When You're Aborting" link and you'll find some stuff that's not exactly gonna convert the mushy middle:
I would to like to live in a place where abortion isn’t such a polarizing, seemingly life-changing event. It wasn’t for me. Not at all. I’ve been in more pain and anguish from a twisting my ankle. The pregnancy was the agony, 7 weeks of vertigo and mood swings. The abortion was a breeze.
And this gem:
When the nurse took my vitals she asked me how I was feeling I said “I am fan fucking tasticcccc… ....And I got excited. This was going to be a very rare, often coveted moment of self-actualization right? Where something so atomized understands itself entirely and it begins to bond to other atoms. We could all speak the same language now.
 And:
Wanna talk about the question of life? Let me put it like this: the physical and psychological euphoria was so immense that moments after I stood up i felt resurrected. I felt very certain the life had indeed prevailed. My life.  
 To round it out, Life Site linked to some other chipper, upbeat abortion places.


"My Happy Abortion: One Woman's Guilt-Free Story":
It couldn’t have been more than five minutes before one of the assistants helped me to sit up so that I could get dressed.  She walked me out into the recovery area, and I unsuccessfully attempted to repress the huge grin that had developed on my face.  I felt euphoric.  I was so relieved to be done with all the medical business, even happier to know that I was no longer pregnant, and pleasantly surprised that I wasn’t feeling any physical pain.

I felt momentarily guilty when one of the other patients in recovery asked me if I ever stopped smiling, but I quickly reminded myself that it was senseless guilt.  After all, smiling is a natural reaction to happiness, and I was happy sitting there.  When they released me to go home fifteen minutes later, I was gladder still.
"I Love Abortion: Implying Otherwise Accomplishes Nothing for Women’s Rights":
 I love abortion. I don’t accept it. I don’t view it as a necessary evil. I embrace it.....  I love abortion.
It Happened to Us: Abortion

The author writes: "I had an abortion. I love abortions. I’m out and proud about having had an abortion and I wholeheartedly and unilaterally support everyone who has chosen to have an abortion, for whatever reason, at whatever time, along with people who are currently pondering the decision to have one, and those who will face that decision in the future."

The bulk of the piece, though, is women holding signs celebrating abortions -- even abortions they haven't had yet but seem to be almost looking forward to:
"I've never had an abortion...but knowing I could, after being on a plane with screaming infants, makes me happy! :)"

"If I was pregnant TODAY, I would get an abortion. (Cats are enough, thank you.) (Less crying) (Self reliance) (Smaller poops)"
Folks, when abortion is recriminalized, we'll be dealing with these enthused individuals for whom abortion isn't seen as a tragic necessity, but as something to be outright embraced and celebrated.

They have no shame, and won't be happy until nobody else has any shame either.

They will stop at nothing -- nothing -- to make sure abortions continue to happen. And we need to get it through our heads that they will never quit and never go away. Abortion makes them happy, and they're not about to give it up.

No comments: