Friday, June 11, 2010

Choosing who to serve

“And if it seems evil to you to serve the LORD, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.” Joshua 24:15, NKJV. (Commentary here)



A waiter named Ramon refused to serve Planned Parenthood.

Not all heroism is spectacular.

I've been trying to get an update.

‘No one can serve two masters; for a slave will either hate the one and love the other, or be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and wealth.'- Matthew 6:19-24 (Commentary here)

4 comments:

L. said...

If he worked for me, I would have fired his ass!

Christina Dunigan said...

Which it would be your right to do. And for which you would have to answer to God when you went to meet your Maker.

L. said...

That's unlikely, since I'll be in Hell with my Jesus-hating husband.

The waiter had my sympathies until the very end, when he was holding his handlettered sign. I would not accept an employee picketing against a client.

A smart employer would have made it clear who the client was, and given employees an option of working or not, to avoid being short-handed at the last minute.

OperationCounterstrike said...

The headline is ungrammatical. It should read: choosing WHOM to serve.