Sunday, April 06, 2008

Not another Waco

It appears that the authorities learned their lesson and are not turing the situation with the Mormons into the same kind of deadly fiasco they managed with the Branch Davidians:

Members of Polygamist Sect Allow Authorities to Search Texas Compound

They've gotten 200 women and kids out safely so far. They are still looking for the girl who lodged the complaint that sparked the standoff. And in this case, the man they're after has a criminal history and they're actually trying to collect him in a peaceful manner.

I'm not seeing any evidence that the Feds insitgated this one, which may be why we're seeing buses of healthy women and children being brought to a place of safety. Whoever is managing this standoff realizes that you don't rescue children thus:

3 comments:

Civis said...

I found you through Maureen Martin. If you have the time, could you help me improve my "abortion is not safe" post? It is here

http://poligions.blogspot.com/

I'd like to iron out the kinks and repost it every year or so and keep it as a handy reference. If you can add numbers or more or better references, please do. If you want to use the info in anyway, please do--I make no copyright claims, though I'd be happy to be given credit so as to promote my blog!!!!!!!!

Civis said...

Thanks! You're awesome!

Civis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.