Sunday, November 18, 2007

Searches - anencephaly and more

  • Yes, roughly 90% of pre-legalization abortions were done by physicians. Here is some of their handwork.


  • Hemorrhage deaths from abortion.

  • There were several variations on searches for anencephaly. This baby has baffled the doctors by surviving for ten months, as of the most recent update. (Some prochoicers are really ticked off about this.) You can read more typical stories here.

  • Beverly McMillan worked in Mississippi's first abortion clinic. Then one day she actually saw human remains in the shredded bits of fetus she'd always managed to count blindly up to that point. Her days as an abortionist were numbered after that.

  • Lysol douche ads: They were real. And I think they may account for some of the "lysol abortion" horror stories.

  • Aletheia Meloncon is the mother of Edrica Goode, who died this year after a nurse at a Planned Parenthood ignored signs of infection and inserted laminaria anyway. Edrica quickly became sick and disoriented and her family, unaware of the impending abortion, were not able to tell doctors what was causing her raging infection. Aletheia, please drop me an email. I know of other moms who would like to get in touch with you.

  • "expelling chunks of tissue after second trimester abortion" -- Here are some expelled-tissue incidents. Here are some cases with clinical descriptions provided by medical examiners.

  • Randall Whitney was a troubled Florda abortionist who quit last year. For good? Does anybody know?

  • Leo Kenneally ran (runs?) the notorious Her Medical Clinic where Michelle Thames, Lilliana Cortez, Donna Heim, and Maria Soto died. It's unclear to what extent Maria's death was due to her care or lack thereof at Her Medical Clinic.

  • Adapation in pregnancy.
  • 4 comments:

    John Jansen said...

    Christina,

    You continue to do a yeoman's service.

    I always learn something whenever I come to your blog.

    Lysol douche ads...who knew?

    Christina Dunigan said...

    Yeah, John, I just about dropped my teeth when I saw those. But then the "lysol abortion" stories stared to make more sense. If women were being told Lysol douches were .... I dunno, Listerine for the vagina, I guess, then it would make sense that they'd not realize how risky Lysol was and might try a Lysol abortion.

    Or maybe they were just douching with straight lysol and their attempts at hygine were interpreted as attempts at abortion.

    Christina Dunigan said...

    Yeah, John, I just about dropped my teeth when I saw those. But then the "lysol abortion" stories stared to make more sense. If women were being told Lysol douches were .... I dunno, Listerine for the vagina, I guess, then it would make sense that they'd not realize how risky Lysol was and might try a Lysol abortion.

    Or maybe they were just douching with straight lysol and their attempts at hygine were interpreted as attempts at abortion.

    YOURLORDANDSAVIOUR said...

    I wish you had been aborted.