Sunday, July 22, 2007

OT: The Korean hostages

Terrorists in Afghanistan have kidnapped South Korean aid workers.

I learned about this yesterday during church, when Trish, who leads our opening prayers, led the congregation in prayer for these folks. (As you might have noticed if you've been here a while or glanced at my sidebar, I'm living and working in South Korea.)

It was all I could do not to burst into tears on the spot.

I could rant about the mindless evil of an enemy that targets the aid workers who are building dams (the Germans) and manning the hospitals (as Trish told me the South Koreans were doing). But that won't get the hostages back safely or break the twisted wills of the kinds of people who get it into their heads to do this sort of thing.

Prayers, prayers, prayers. That's all we can do.

No comments: