Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Not exactly words of comfort, but

In the wake of elections that saw victories for jihadists, child-rapists, and a man who was party to the needless death of a 19-year-old mentally retarded rape victim, I'm reeling. (Non-believers, there's nothing for you here so you might as well skip the rest of the post.)

From "Hard to Get" by Rich Mullins:
I know you bore our sorrows, and I know you feel our pain
And I know that it would not hurt any less even if it could be explained
And I know that I am only lashing out at the one who loves me most
And after I have figured this somehow, what I really need to know
If is you who live in eternity hear the prayers of those of us who live in time
We can't see what's ahead and we can not get free from what we've left behind
I'm reeling from these voices that keep screaming in my ears
All these words of shame and doubt, blame and regret
I can't see how you're leading me, unless you've led me here
To where I'm lost enough to let myself be led
And so you've been here all along, I guess
It's just your ways and you are just plain hard to get

No comments: