Saturday, April 15, 2006

Books you wish people would read

Nominate a book you wish your side would read, and one you wish the Other Side would read. And tell why. Optional: One for "mom and pop", the great undecided public.

My own side: Won by Love, by Norma McCorvey



I think we need to argue less and love more. This is a sort of how-to manual for reaching out to the prochoice.

The Other Side: In Necessity and Sorrow, by Magda Denes



This is a prochoicer's account of the inside workings of an abortion hospital. The only thing that's really changed is that the saline wards are gone. I think that if most prochoice people knew more about how abortion is actually practiced they'd be revolted. We'd have more achromics!

"Mom and Pop": This is a tough one. I guess I'd have to say Lime 5.



This ought to revolt them enough to turn them into prolifers. Or at least into moderates like achromic.

So - how about the rest of y'all?

No comments: