Wednesday, June 22, 2005

You never know....

A paragraph in this article about Nick Cannon's "Can I Live" video reminds us to stay the course, even if we can't see any results:
I love to retell the story of Sen. Rick Santorum, R-Pa., who spent a late evening in 1998 in an empty Senate chambers talking about partial-birth abortion, even though he knew President Clinton was going to veto the prohibition bill he was arguing for. It was a wasted night so far as he knew until he heard from a couple who were, in fact, flipping with the remote, hit C-SPAN and, to make a long story short: She didn't have the abortion she had scheduled, unbeknownst to her boyfriend, for the next day. They have a child today and are grateful to the Pennsylvania senator for their child.

It makes me remember the news interview with an abortion clinic administrator in response to a prolife billboard. That pushed me off the fence and got me active. Twenty-two years later, I'm still going strong. Neither the prolifers that put up that billboard, nor the administrator who said, "We want that billboard down!" has a clue that they were so instrumental in my life. And I have no idea what impact I've had in other lives.

We have to stay faithful, and leave the rest to God.

To email this post to a friend, use the icon below.

No comments: